Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
It is important to note that this mortgage calculator is for guidance purposes only. Mortgage lenders have their own affordability criteria therefore it is important you speak to one of our Mortgage Advisers for further information and a more accurate indication of what products may be available to you and what your monthly mortgage payments are likely to be.
The current owners during their 28 year ownership of the property have formalized the accommodation to create a well proportioned and comfortable family house with brick and knapped flint gables under a tiled roof. The understated
approach belies the imposing garden façade and views. The main reception rooms all lead off the spacious staircase hall, with double doors leading down into the panelled drawing room; with stewards bar, display niches, secret cupboards and
library bookcases to either side of the fireplace. The antiquity of the house is evident from the sitting room with exposed beams and large Inglenook fireplace. The accommodation flows well
with access to the first floor landing via a beautifully crafted semi circular staircase with oak handrail and turned spindles. Of the six bedrooms two are suites with four further bedrooms,
bathroom & playroom.
The village of Frieth is set on the upper side of the
Hambleden Valley, renowned for its stunning walks and equine facilities. The village includes an excellent primary school, yet is also convenient for the neighbouring village of Lane End or nearby Marlow. The M40 junction 4 at High Wycombe is for London and Heathrow Airport, 25 miles distant with The M40 junction 5 to the north for the Midlands. Marlow is only 5 miles away with a superb selection of shops, bars and restaurants along with the Sir William Borlase Grammar school. Rail links to the City can be found at High Wycombe for Marylebone and Maidenhead for Paddington. The opening of Crossrail in 2018 will only enhance the regions communications.
Privately set with beautiful views to the South and West with a majority of the aspects of the gardens & grounds being excellent. Approaching nearly two and a half acres in total, to include the copse which surrounds the tennis court. The house is approached over a large tarmacadam courtyard which in turn gives access to the garages, whilst providing ample parking to the rear of the house. The main areas of lawn lead down towards the views which are panoramic, grass pathways and sitting areas only enhance the enjoyment of this delightful garden. A grass driveway from Shogmoor Lane allows easy access for large garden equipment, passing the granary outbuilding which would double as an excellent ‘home office’. The swimming pool is protected by established yew trees and a laurel hedge. Note: all equipment, garden furniture and statuary, house contents and fittings are expressly excluded from the sale, but may be available by separate negotiation.
Colliers Farm is an interesting amalgam of vernacular styles, with parts of the house dating back some 300 years. West & Collier who were renowned church furnishers bought Colliers Farm in the late 19th Century. Mr Collier managed the
Farm and moved into the house in 1916. The family stayed until shortly after the end of the second world war. The firm of West & Collier closed in 1940. The only British Cathedral
that wouldn’t accept their chairs was St. Paul’s in London. This refusal meant that West and Collier were never able to claim that they had chairs in every Cathedral in the British Isles. Many of the chairs which were supplied to the Cathedrals and
churches are still surviving and in use today.
Spacious Staircase Hall
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate
Oops, something went wrong!