Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
It is important to note that this mortgage calculator is for guidance purposes only. Mortgage lenders have their own affordability criteria therefore it is important you speak to one of our Mortgage Advisers for further information and a more accurate indication of what products may be available to you and what your monthly mortgage payments are likely to be.
• Lighthorne Rough is a fine family house with high quality fixtures and extensive use of oak joinery, which has been remodelled by the present owners to provide outstanding well balanced accommodation
• Most doors are two panel Queen Anne style, with oak window sills and a fine wide staircase with oak panelling and carved banisters and hand rail rising to the first floor. The property has ample storage and is well provided with bookcases
• Reception rooms are well proportioned and elegant
• The large kitchen/breakfast room extended by the present owners to create a larger family space opening onto the west facing private garden with the addition of a large boot room/ utility room off provides an ideal space for day to day living. The
kitchen is well appointed with granite tops and an extensive range of cupboards, electric Everhot double cooker, island unit with large sink. Integrated dishwasher, refrigerator, 4 ring hob,
electric oven and microwave
• There is Travertine flooring to the entrance hall, kitchen and breakfast room, boot room and wc. Some rooms have ceiling beams
• The sitting room has a large inglenook with wood burner and the drawing room has a fireplace with Cotswold stone carved surround and two pairs of French doors leading to the south facing terrace with an arch to the dining room with useful china
cupboard and further French doors to the terrace
• On the first floor, the master suite is particularly fine with French doors from the master bedroom leading to a wide tiled terrace with balustrade and far reaching views; dressing room, shower room, lobby and further bathroom/second dressing room
• There are two further south facing first floor double bedrooms with wardrobes and en suite facilities
• To the second floor the accommodation is versatile and provides three further bedrooms, with a studio/sitting room with store beyond, two bathrooms (1 en-suite) and ample storage
and cupboards. From the windows are extensive views over open countryside
• Lighthorne Rough is situated down a long drive in attractive. South Warwickshire countryside with views over rolling countryside and woodland
• In a peaceful location, Lighthorne Rough is the principal yet very private part of a large country house situated between the sought after villages of Lighthorne and Moreton Morrell which has a
primary school, parish church, public house and real tennis club
• The property is excellently located with ready access to the M40 (J12) at Gaydon and M40 (J14) for access to the West Midlands
• There is an intercity train service on the Chiltern line, a Parkway station at Warwick and further stations at Banbury and Leamington Spa
• State, private and grammar schools in the area include Warwick Prep and Public school and Kings High School for Girls in Warwick; Kingsley School for Girls and Arnold Lodge School in Leamington Spa, Stratford Grammar Schools and The Croft Prep School
• Stratford upon Avon with its Shakespearean heritage and theatres is readily accessible
• There are golf courses at Leamington Spa, Leek Wootton, Stratford-upon-Avon, Tadmarton, and Brailes, racing at Warwick, Stratford-upon-Avon and Cheltenham and fishing and sailing at Draycote Water
• The Cotswolds lie a short distance to the south along the Roman Fosse Way which passes a short distance from the property.
Warwick & Leamington Spa - 8 miles
M40 (J12)- 5.5 miles
Stratford-upon-Avon- 8 miles
Banbury 16 miles (Intercity trains to London
Marylebone from 58 mins)
Moreton in Marsh- 18 miles
Oxford- 40 miles
Detached double garage with store, Workshop, Cloakroom and rain water collection, PV solar panels, Wood store, Garden store, Lovely mature gardens, Stone built summerhouse, Orchard, Ornamental and conservation ponds, Well appointed vegetable garden/cut flower garden with soft fruit, Tennis court site, Paddocks, In all about 1.94 hectares (4.79 acres)
The property is approached via a tarmac driveway, the first part of which is a shared right of way with adjoining properties
• Private drive with mown verges to either side lined with mature hawthorn and whitebeam, circular turning area and parking space with flowering cherry, lawns and timber open fronted double garage with workshop, store and cloakroom together with rainwater harvesting tank and PV solar panels
• There is a formal west facing garden enclosed by a clipped yew hedge, with wrought iron gates, flower beds with box, bushes, lawns and flower beds
• To the south side of the house is an enclosed south facing garden and paved terrace with steps down to a paved and gravelled surface to the ornamental pond with wide raised herbaceous and shrub borders to either side and stone built west facing open fronted summer house with power, ideal for alfresco eating
• Beyond the garden is an orchard with apple, plum and damson trees; log store
• There is a further conservation pond with wildflower areas and mature trees
• Beside the drive is further useful secure storage
• There is a fenced paddock, and behind the garage a productive vegetable garden with wind break, soft fruit and asparagus bed, cut flower garden, composting bays and water
• There is a hard tennis court requiring resurfacing
• Paddocks, In all about 1.94 hectares (4.79 acres)
Mains electricity and water are connected to the property. Two oil fired boilers for the central heating and hot water boosted by solar panels. Solar PV panels currently providing an income of around £1,800 pa. Security system. CCTV.
Fixtures and fittings:
Only those mentioned in these particulars, together with fitted carpets, are included in the sale. All others are excluded. Certain items may be available by negotiation.
Stratford on Avon District Council. Telephone: 01789 267575.
Council Tax Band:
Kitchen/ Breakfast room
Study/ Family room
Utility/ Boot room
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate
Oops, something went wrong!