• Constructed in 1959 and one of a pair of architect designed homes.
• Based on the ‘functionalist’ style of architect Alvar Aalto whereby the function of the building is of utmost importance, followed by the harmony of its form. Retention of existing features where possible and considerately upgraded in keeping with the original ideology of the design.
• The house has been considerately placed on the optimum position of the plot in order to draw in elements of nature within different areas of the house, to highlight its own internal natural elements.
• Placing of clerestoral windows that draw in light yet maintain privacy within.
• Use of large, dual aspect windows throughout the main areas of the house that invite natural surroundings of the plot within.
• Extensive use of wood and natural materials that have continued to develop their own patina throughout their lifetime, and with no requirement to be replaced. The elements continue to take on their own dignified characteristics through different plays of light throughout the course of the day, through touch, or from the elements of nature.
• Use of natural materials throughout the house means that they can be perceived by the senses, that they are real. The aesthetics can be touched, seen, smelled and also heard (both acoustically and through the properties of the materials). This in turn, invokes a spiritual experience within the inhabitant as they naturally absorb the intrinsic elements of the property.
• The house invites the inhabitant to pause and reflect, to observe and enjoy, to be at one with natural elements of nature from within.
• Points and places of meaning throughout the property. Carefully considered details. Being able to absorb the details and materials of the house as they communicate between themselves and tell more together than separately.
• Multi layered unity is created in a conversation between the space, materials and details.
• The generous and mature plot affords scope for re-development subject to the necessary consents.
• Moreton End Lane is a much favoured and highly convenient address within walking distance of the High Street, station and outstanding schools.
4 Reception Rooms
Epc Eer - D