Distances are calculated in a straight line and may not reflect actual travel distance.
It is important to note that this mortgage calculator is for guidance purposes only. Mortgage lenders have their own affordability criteria therefore it is important you speak to one of our Mortgage Advisers for further information and a more accurate indication of what products may be available to you and what your monthly mortgage payments are likely to be.
A fabulous ‘Arts and Crafts’ family house situated within the Ashdown Forest with pretty and well established cottage style gardens and grounds. Having been sympathetically refurbished and renovated throughout, whilst retaining the character of the property the décor is contemporary and points of particular note include:
- A stunning triple aspect vaulted drawing room with fabulous exposed oak timbers and trusses, an open fireplace, a delightful bay window with bespoke seating and double doors opening directly to the gardens.
- A bespoke kitchen/breakfast room with an extensive range of oak units, stone work surfaces, an island unit with curved shelves and drawers, a butlers sink, ‘Lacanche’ range cooker, integrated appliances and an adjacent boot room with oak door to outside.
- A dining room with a feature curved wall, oak flooring, a solid wood staircase rising to the first floor and an adjacent study/4th bedroom with an excellent en suite wet room.
- A triple aspect sitting room, known as the morning room, with bay windows to the side and rear providing wonderful outlooks across the gardens, bright morning sunshine and an open fireplace.
- On the first floor, the impressive vaulted principal bedroom has a bay window with fitted seating to the front and enjoys fantastic outlooks of the forest and has an extremely well fitted en suite bathroom with Fired Earth tiled floor, bath and large walk-in steam/shower. The guest bedroom is dual aspect and has great outlooks of the gardens and forest. The third bedroom has a good range of fitted cupboards and the well fitted family bathroom has a bath and separate walk-in shower.
The house is situated at the heart of the Ashdown Forest - an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty which extends to about 6,400 acres of largely open heath and provides fantastic walking and riding countryside. The house benefits from direct access onto the forest, there are miles of forest and country tracks for walking including a short forest walk leading to the village of Fairwarp which has a church whose bells can be heard, a village green and a pub. There is also a bridle path from the house which leads to the Duddleswell Tea Rooms.
A driveway at the end of a forest track offers uninterrupted views of the forest and provides parking for several vehicles and a access to a detached double garage (permission had previously been granted to demolish this garage and replace with a new one with additional room behind and above).
Delightful and well established cottage gardens surround the house and are mainly laid to lawn with mature plants, shrubs and trees and include a south facing terrace, ‘the Patch’ – a lovely secluded spot in which to sit, dine and entertain and an area of decking accessible from the drawing room.
Study/4th Bedroom with En Suite
Principal Bedroom with En Suite
Two Further Bedrooms
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate
Oops, something went wrong!