Exceeding Expectations

Countrywide Lettings Services - Customer Care Policy

Tenancy Deposit Protection
  • At Countrywide we endeavour to ensure your experience of our service is second to none, however we appreciate that at times you may become dissatisfied. We are committed to rectifying any issues as soon as possible.

What can I do if I am not satisfied with the service I have received?

Whilst we are committed to providing a quality service, we acknowledge that on occasions things can go wrong. If we do not meet your expectations and you are dissatisfied in some way, then we wish to know. Most complaints stem from a lack of communication, in that either we misunderstand your instructions or customers misunderstand the service we provide.
In the first instance, we would encourage you to discuss any problems verbally and informally with your principal contact within the company. If this office is the source of your complaint, staff here should be able to help quickly and answer any questions you may have. If this does not resolve your concerns, then the formal complaints procedure can be invoked.
We have adopted a formal two stage procedure to ensure that any complaint is dealt with fairly and that anyone with a grievance is aware of the procedure to follow, thus avoiding any additional frustration. In certain circumstances it is possible to bypass the first stage and complain directly to the Area / Senior Manager although we may decide to refer the matter to the person dealing with the first stage where we consider that to be appropriate. Details of the appropriate persons nominated to deal with each stage of your complaint are shown overleaf. The complaints procedure and relevant persons being available from the branch upon request.

How do I make a formal complaint?

Stage 1 – Manager
If the verbal and informal approach does not satisfactorily deal with your concerns, we ask that you put your complaint in writing to the Manager responsible for the office that deals with the matter about which you wish to complain. If your complaint is about that person, please write to that person’s line Manager (The complaints procedure and relevant persons being available from the branch upon request). We advise you to keep copies of all correspondence sent to us and notes of any conversations or telephone calls.

In order that we can help resolve your concern as quickly and efficiently as possible, we ask you to provide the following information in the letter of complaint:

  • Your name, address and a daytime telephone number on which you can be contacted.
  • The name and office location of the individual within the company with whom you have been dealing.
  • A clear description of your complaint, giving concise details of what you believe has gone wrong.
  • Details of what you would wish to be put right.

Your letter will be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt and you will be advised of the timescale for sending a full reply, which will usually be within 21 days. An internal investigation into your complaint will be undertaken and, following completion of the same, you will be provide with a full response with details of what actions we have taken or will take. It is hoped that this response will resolve the matter to your complete satisfaction.

Stage 2 - Area / Senior Manager
If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved by stage 1 above or if you still have concerns, you can request that the matter be referred to the Area / Senior Manager with responsibility for that office. A separate review of your complaint will be undertaken and you will be contacted usually within a further ten days to inform you of the conclusions reached. This response will represent the final viewpoint of the company.

What can I do if I am still not satisfied?

If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, then it may be appropriate for the matter to be referred to an independent third party.

If you are a consumer, you should contact:

The Property Ombudsman
Milford House,
43 - 55 Milford Street,

Tel No: 01722 333306
Fax No: 01722 332296
This is a free service.

If your complaint is in a business or corporate capacity, you should contact:

The RICS Dispute Resolution Service
Surveyor Court
Westwood Way
Coventry CV4 8JE

Tel: 020 7334 3806
Fax: 020 7334 3802
Email: drs@rics.org

Oops, something went wrong!

This site requires the use of Cookies to work correctly. It appears that your browser does not support Cookies, or that they have been turned off. Please check your security settings and allow cookies for this site, or obtain a new browser such as Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer.

We use cookies on our website which are strictly necessary to ensure optimal site performance, functionality and for analytics. You can manage your cookie preferences via your browser settings. To learn more about the different types of cookies and how we use these, please see our Cookies Policy.